Hudock

Monday, March 17, 2008

Natural Pain Killers - Myth Or Reality?

We've been conditioned almost right from the cradle to believe that the only way to kill pain is with drugs. Get a headache, pop an aspirin. Strain your shoulder, rub on a little Ben Gay. The list is endless. The drug companies are making a fortune and we're not really getting any better. The pain only subsides for a while but eventually comes back. There has to be a better way. That's where we get into a discussion on natural pain killers. Some people swear by them and others think it's just some voodoo. So what's the real story? Do these so called "natural" pain killers actually work, or are they just a myth? We're going to explore the issue in this article. I'll leave you to draw your own conclusions.

I'm surrounded by health nuts, since I am one myself. Your own kind usually sticks together. Well, occasionally we get together and talk about our aches and pains and how we deal with them. I hear all kinds of stories.

For example...one lady, I'll call her Jane, was talking about her arthritis that acts up every once in a while. She told the group that when it does she simply takes this thing that contains devils claw and glucosamine and inside of an hour she feels 100% better. Now, I don't personally suffer from arthritis so I can't test this, but she swears by it. I've certainly never seen her in any pain and she's not a spring chicken anymore. Come to think of it, I've never seen her not smiling.

Then there's another lady in our group who I'll call Sally. She occasionally gets these terrible migraine headaches. When she does, she puts on this cap that has magnets in it. I kid you not. Within an hour, she swears that the migraine is gone. Now, I have heard of this magnet therapy from my dentist. He's a big proponent of magnet therapy. Since it's so rare that I even get a headache, again, I can't test this thing out.

And the stories continue of all these herbs, roots or items that supposedly take away your pain in a matter of minutes. Personally, I just eat very well, exercise and get plenty of sleep. For me to get a pain anywhere is rare. Sure, if I bang my arm against something it's going to hurt for a short time, but the pain is never severe enough that I have to take anything.

However, there is still one thing that is supposed to be the greatest natural pain killer, and this I have tested.

It's called the human mind.

Very short and simple story.

When I was younger I had a horrible ear ache, The pain was unbearable. Well, I simply laid down in bed and said to myself over and over that there is no pain. Before I knew it, I was asleep and woke up the next morning with no pain at all. Was it a fluke? Maybe, but the human mind is supposed to be the greatest pain killer of all.

The jury is always going to be out as to whether or not there is such a thing as a natural pain killer. But the people who I know swear by them and I have personally used my mind to kill the worst pain I ever felt in my life.

So maybe there's something to it all.

To YOUR Health,

Steve Wagner

For natural treatments to a number of ailments, visit our website at http://www.natures-healing-remedies.com/ where you can get a free report on how the drug companies are killing us as well as get a 52 week series on a different ailment and treatment each week.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home