Hudock

Monday, March 10, 2008

As The Sunlight Flickers In

I woke up this morning to rays of sunlight flickering in through the windows. The rays were welcoming to my sleepy self. I enjoyed this sight so immensely, I laid in bed a little while longer, enjoying the serene moment. The rays crept in through the window panes, creating shadows on the wall, which danced lazily as if tempting me to lay in bed a little while longer. I gave into this temptation which was so adamantly unfolding before me within my bedroom.

I laid my disheveled head back onto my pillows, still staring at the shadows. I am pleased with this moment, for I am not one to lie in bed, but this content feeling was overwhelming, I enjoyed viewing the shadows dance upon the bedroom walls, the inviting rays of sun informing me another new day has dawned.

Why have I not had a moment such as this before? This is an occurrence which happens most mornings, but yet this morning I am enthralled by the serenity which has been cast within the confines of my bedroom. I was drawn in memory to other serene moments in my life. Memories such as walking through the grass which surrounded my childhood home in barefeet, the soft grass between my toes. Wading in the creek, enjoying every lap of water that played around my legs. The sweet fragrant smell of my father's rose bushes, still to this day, I have smelled no aroma more fine than this.

Oh, how I long to lay here in this bed, with my memories, my serenity, my content feeling. I must however begin my day. I will leave you shadows and rays of sunlight, I hope to see you again soon, for to begin my day with this feeling you have graciously given to me, is truly a gift from God.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home